It was all Glen, all the time this week 'cuz D.O. was off to the shoreline for his annual sanity reinforcement pilgrimage and Jean was...well....who knows where she's gone too! Glen had some reactions from viewers coming out of the Academy of Music in Noho after seeing Al Gore's film, "Inconvenient Truth". It was a sort of exit poll on the end of the world as we know it (hmmm, sounds like a song title, huh?) Then our favorite inhouse witch, Tamara was scheduled to sit-in and clue us in to the Summer Solstice. Like they say: it's a long day.
Music from the Reagan Babies, Meat Puppets, and Steve Earle. Glen gets to play some music that might otherwise get the big VETO, and it is not gender balanced. The EnviroShow will return to normal...whatever THAT means... next time.
Then a long phone interview with Mickey Novak from the Cronin Salmon Station in Sunderland (413-548-9010). It turns out you can successfully raise salmon (and other fish) with out having to be serial murderer.
Also, Glen was speaking with Joanne Montgomery, a local committed advocate for the environment and wildlife, who witnessed the recent arraignment in Springfield federal court for the proceedings against Zak and Lloyd, the serial Sunderland bird murderers.
On the Bus Stop Billboard:
* June 29, 2006 at 4:00 PM, Weekly Green Energy Vigil, Wells Fountain in Brattleboro, VT at Junction of Linden and Main St.for more info 802-387-4060
* July 3 - 10, Earth First! Round River Rendezvous, Jefferson National Forest, southwestern Virginia. www.katuahearthfirst.org; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call the toll free 1-866-411-8016
* July 06, 2006 at 05:30 PM, Tri-state CAN meeting, Green Fields Market, Main Street, Greenfield, upstairs meeting room. Info: 413-339-5781; email@example.com
* July 15, International Day of Direct Action for Climate Justice, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.reclaimthecommons.net
* July 29 Earth Sisters Rising! A Gathering of Women Who Love The Earth
For Empowerment and Renewal, 10 am to 4 pm at Starseed Healing Sanctuary, Savoy, MA. Cost: $65-$100 sliding scale. Pre-registration requested. Contact Cathy at 978-855-0688
Next time we REALLY will have Sam Lovejoy on (sorry bout that, got a little ahead of ourselves there) for some towering thoughts.